Skip to main content

My DisneySide @Home Celebration

I was very pleased and very honoured when I opened my e-mail invitation from Disney Social Media one afternoon inviting me to be a host for a DisneySide @Home Celebration for the very first time. The elation and excitement carried me in a state of euphoria for the next few weeks because I knew that everywhere many people would be rejoicing and celebrating. I quickly began posting on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and sharing photos, ideas and best of all I began to meet new people with the same passion for anything related to Disney. DisneySide.com www.disneysidecelebrations.com





My celebration would include children between the ages of four-nine years of age, our theme would be Mickey and Minnie but the children could wear their favourite Disney character costume. The parents were invited as well, but unfortunately, they were not comfortable with me photographing their children's faces or sharing such photography publicly. That was okay, I could find other ways to share our celebration. No problem.

Disney had so generously provided me an American Tourister suitcase filled with party supplies, crafting ideas, games to play and many other goodies to be distributed to each guest.  Here is my cat having fun in the box that contained my American Tourister suitcase that was filled with Disney theme party supplies, Disney Trivia cards, Disney Bingo cards, glossy photo paper from HP, many balloons, measuring cups from The Chew, runDisney colouring sheets and decals, Disney stickers, OceanSpray cranberry snacks, Mickey shaped cookie cutters and many other party supplies.




I hand made the Mickey Mouse themed invitations using construction paper and bristol board.


Being a cupcake lover, I decided to bake a huge cupcake cake in the form of Mickey Mouse, flanked by Mickey cupcakes. The cake was vanilla and I used pink and red icing. The cupcakes had Oreo cookie ears and the cake had large, thin cookie wafer ears.



I set the kitchen table for eating using the party supplies Disney had generously packed in the suitcase.


Here I am at the finished table.



The children made their own pizza from whole wheat pitas, they selected their favourite toppings, such as pepperoni, turkey slices, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. The OceanSpray dried cranberries were placed at each place setting and they were served milk as their beverage.

Adults were offered a wider selection of pizza toppings presented to them on this little selection menu.


After dinner we went to the gaming station that was set up in my dining room. Here we played Disney Bingo and Disney Trivia that was provided by Disney in the American Tourister suitcase. I gave out small prizes along the way in the form of puzzle kits, colouring kits and markers.


The adorable Disney Bingo game provided by Disney. The children all wanted to take them home so I gave each multiple copies.

The Disney Trivia game provided by Disney, which the children loved and each wanted cards to take home.

We then went back to the kitchen table to begin painting the wooden birdhouses. I was very impressed with the work the children did. All were excited to take their bird houses home in preparation for the Spring season.



These two were vigilant little helpers.

We all had a wonderful time at my DisneySide @Home Celebration. It was such a nice break from the challenging Canadian winter and a great way to see everyone display their DisneySide. I am pleased and excited to say that my guests are visiting the Disney Parks this summer. I couldn't help prompting them to navigate the Disney Parks website during coffee and cake.

Thank you to the Disney Social Media Moms and to The Walt Disney Company for affording me the opportunity and bestowing me the honour of being a DisneySide @Home Celebration Host.






Comments

  1. Your party looked fantastic, Jackie! I loved hearing about the process from receiving the suitcase until the party date. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Jackie! Your photos are fabulous...and the birdhouse project looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words, it was a fun afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like your party was a huge success Jackie, good for you!! I loved your giant Mickey themed cupcake cake! Brilliant!!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beverage Stations Aboard the Disney Cruise Line Ships

One of the many aspects of sailing with Disney Cruise Line that you do not have to worry about, is your beverages. You don't need to buy a soda or water package or wear a wrist band. Most beverages aboard Disney Cruise Line are complimentary.

Disney Cruise Line has twenty-four hour Beverage Stations near the pools and you can have as much as you wish. The Beverage Stations come equipped with soda/water cups and hot beverage, insulated cups, lids and straws. At these stations you'll find an abundance of soda, coffee, fountain water, ice, hot water. For the hot water, they provide a variety of tea and cocoa mixes.


photo: Magical Kingdoms
photo: WishUponAStarwithUs
j.psarianos
 photo: DisneyCruiseLineBlog
You are allowed to use your own mugs, but they prefer that you use the cups they provide for hygienic reasons, which is number one on Disney Cruise Line's list. 

Soda, coffee, milk, juice, fountain water and tea are also free in all the main dining rooms. If you use Room Service, m…

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and The Pirate's League on the Disney Fantasy

Disney Cruise Line will not leave anything out of your vacation. You'll never miss out on the magic and pixie dusting when sailing on the Disney Fantasy because your little girl can be transformed into a princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and your little boy can become a pirate at The Pirate's League, for which I will outline in the latter half of this post. In fact, everyone can become a pirate over at The Pirate's League. Photo: The Walt Disney Company Photo: Disney Cruise Line  Your own Fairy Godmother in training will greet your child and will create a transformation of magical proportions. You can select one of many treatment options, such as: Disney Diva, Pop Princess or Fairy Tale Princess. All of the Princess costumes are available and come complete with the wand, shoes and crown. There are also a variety of costumes available which are exclusive to Disney Cruise Line such as: Captain Mickey Mouse, Princess MinnieMouse, and FirstMate Minnie Mouse. The boutique…

Booking Disney Cruise Line with an Autistic Child In Mind

Planning, organizing, strategizing on a daily basis for an autistic child puts me in a state of constant thinking. You see, I absolutely hate inconveniencing other people be it the driver behind me  to the person standing in line in front of me at the grocery store. Always on the lookout for a a melt-down, a spontaneous, loud, sometimes inappropriate vocalization where folks don't understand and give you 'the look'. I have developed thick skin, but somedays words cut to the quick and it hurts.

Planning a Disney cruise with an autistic child in tow, means a lot of critical planning, for even the most taken for granted moments. You see, my child is a boy, and if I take him out in public, I have to make sure I can accommodate all of his needs, right down to toileting and how long the line in a store might be. So let me begin.

Booking the cruise can be a daunting process and while some folks like the luxury of a travel agent, I prefer doing everything myself. Firstly, no one can…