Skip to main content

Why Travel Through the Disney Company?

We've completed twenty-four trips to Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort and Aulani combined, just finished our eighth cruise with Disney and another cruise in the near future and they ask, "why Disney all the time?" Well that's easy, here's why.

Last week my husband gave me the green light to hunt around for our next vacation and I was elated when Europe was in the mix. For some reason, land tours popped in my head so there I was comparing different companies and what they offered. I even contemplated the famous River Cruises. I found a wonderful itinerary encompassing five countries over a span of two weeks and was ready to book it but something was bothering me. My gut wasn't right, something was askew. Meanwhile, the prices with the other companies were very high, the price of a full year's tuition. Yes, that's all we compare things to around here, tuition. Bless my daughter's sweet brain and efforts, but it looks as if our tuition road will be a long one, God willing.

Anyway, back to my instinct. It was unsettled, so I took a step back and I listened. I then took out a piece of paper and started to write down pros and cons of using another tour company. I quickly discovered that it was because of my son Andrew. What we need on our vacations is convenience, comfort, peace of mind, and high standards. These are all the things that are provided us when travelling to any Disney Park, resort and ship. Things that have become the norm and the standard and we're so used to that. It is because of  that standard that it's incredibly difficult to venture away from a vacation with Disney. That doesn't mean theme parks. It means that we've grown accustomed to being well taken care of, respected and listened to.

Now, with my list in tow, I quickly started looking at a ninth cruise with Disney, but to the Mediterranean. I mean how much better can that get? Now we would be going off to foreign lands but backed with the security, ease, comfort and peace of mind with Disney in the mix. It all makes perfect sense now. I feel so much better, as if a great burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I even get my luggage tags, but destined for Venice!

My son will be on the reimagined Disney Magic, a ship very familiar to him with a few new twists; he'll see his beloved characters and play in his favorite lands. I will be on a Disney ship, I will only have to unpack once, be able to do laundry with ease and in familiar territory, know my surroundings, know what to expect from A-Z, have the peace of mind knowing that when my shoreside excursion is done I'll have the sanctity of the Disney Magic to come home to....it's a no brainer and I should have thought of it first, but at least I've got it right now! I was even able to secure our beloved stateroom 6612, which has been ours for four cruises on the Magic now. You see, we have a favorite stateroom on each of the four ships and we stick with them.

Why make my life any more complicated? Why should I have to worry about anything other than focusing on my family and my vacation?

We've decided to try itinerary A leaving from Venice and returning to Venice (Pamela, my daughter cries when she speaks of Venice, so guess who'll be happy there while eating gelato?). We even get an overnight stay in Venice at the end, what could be better? We'll visit Katakolon, and Pireus in Greece and you can be sure that once off the ship we're headed for the auto train straight into Athens and in this subway system we'll glean over archeological digs that have been left intact, visible through heavy glass.

Once in Athens, we're roaming back to my old, childhood places. I'm taking Andrew by the hand and we'll climb the steps towards the Acropolis, meander down through Plaka where I'll buy him an authentic souvlaki and I'll let him break a dish or two, I'll take him to the glorious museums and end the day with a trip to Vouliagmeni beach before headed back to dine with Mickey and friends....and that's only the beginning. I've already started working on his Athen's acclimatization journal as I write this and I am so excited! I can't wait to show him Rhodes, a Dodecanese Island that has been inhabited since the Neolithic Period, and Ephesus, Turkey and Mykonos, oh how he'll love the windmills....I cannot wait.


Here I am with my Andrew aboard the Disney Dream celebrating his eleventh birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beverage Stations Aboard the Disney Cruise Line Ships

One of the many aspects of sailing with Disney Cruise Line that you do not have to worry about, is your beverages. You don't need to buy a soda or water package or wear a wrist band. Most beverages aboard Disney Cruise Line are complimentary.

Disney Cruise Line has twenty-four hour Beverage Stations near the pools and you can have as much as you wish. The Beverage Stations come equipped with soda/water cups and hot beverage, insulated cups, lids and straws. At these stations you'll find an abundance of soda, coffee, fountain water, ice, hot water. For the hot water, they provide a variety of tea and cocoa mixes.


photo: Magical Kingdoms
photo: WishUponAStarwithUs
j.psarianos
 photo: DisneyCruiseLineBlog
You are allowed to use your own mugs, but they prefer that you use the cups they provide for hygienic reasons, which is number one on Disney Cruise Line's list. 

Soda, coffee, milk, juice, fountain water and tea are also free in all the main dining rooms. If you use Room Service, m…

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and The Pirate's League on the Disney Fantasy

Disney Cruise Line will not leave anything out of your vacation. You'll never miss out on the magic and pixie dusting when sailing on the Disney Fantasy because your little girl can be transformed into a princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and your little boy can become a pirate at The Pirate's League, for which I will outline in the latter half of this post. In fact, everyone can become a pirate over at The Pirate's League. Photo: The Walt Disney Company Photo: Disney Cruise Line  Your own Fairy Godmother in training will greet your child and will create a transformation of magical proportions. You can select one of many treatment options, such as: Disney Diva, Pop Princess or Fairy Tale Princess. All of the Princess costumes are available and come complete with the wand, shoes and crown. There are also a variety of costumes available which are exclusive to Disney Cruise Line such as: Captain Mickey Mouse, Princess MinnieMouse, and FirstMate Minnie Mouse. The boutique…

Booking Disney Cruise Line with an Autistic Child In Mind

Planning, organizing, strategizing on a daily basis for an autistic child puts me in a state of constant thinking. You see, I absolutely hate inconveniencing other people be it the driver behind me  to the person standing in line in front of me at the grocery store. Always on the lookout for a a melt-down, a spontaneous, loud, sometimes inappropriate vocalization where folks don't understand and give you 'the look'. I have developed thick skin, but somedays words cut to the quick and it hurts.

Planning a Disney cruise with an autistic child in tow, means a lot of critical planning, for even the most taken for granted moments. You see, my child is a boy, and if I take him out in public, I have to make sure I can accommodate all of his needs, right down to toileting and how long the line in a store might be. So let me begin.

Booking the cruise can be a daunting process and while some folks like the luxury of a travel agent, I prefer doing everything myself. Firstly, no one can…