Skip to main content

Lynn, The Teddy Bear Lady at the Grand Floridian

I've been with my husband now for thirty-one years, known him since high school, he is adorable, a perfectionist which gets on my nerves, will drop whatever he's doing to help you, no matter what, he's a terrific father, works a lot of overtime to afford us Disney vacations bi-annually because of my son's developmental jumps while there....and if God takes him before me, I really don't know what I would do. I think I would be completely lost, how would I explain this to my son who constantly asks for his Dad when he's at work.

I think the only thing I could do would be to move to Walt Disney World with my son and the two of us get jobs side by side, sweeping or just anything as long as I can keep an eye on him. Which brings me to my next point.

I have guilt, tremendous guilt. Here is why.

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is my absolute favorite resort, because of the lobby. If I'm not a guest there as part of a Disney Cruise Line Land/Sea package then I'll be sure to visit on every trip. That's guaranteed. Each and every time, while visiting the lobby I've noticed a cute lady, sitting on a chair surrounded by Teddy Bears. I always say hello but I have never actually sat next to her to speak with her. This is why I have guilt.

The lady has a name of course, it's Lynn. When I mentioned it to a friend named Anna, she sent me a link about the history of Lynn, The Teddy Bear Lady. It broke my heart because I saw myself in this post.

Lynn, loves Teddy Bears and when her husband was alive, they both frequented Walt Disney World more often than not and enjoyed the pleasure on childrens' faces after giving them Teddy Bears. Now that Lynn's husband is gone, I suppose she finds solace and great comfort by sitting in the lobby of the Grand Floridian and I completely understand because I find that same solace and comfort there too. Lynn with her Teddy Bears and I with my cupcakes.

We have a scheduled trip planned for next August and I will look for Lynn at the Grand Floridian and I want to give her a Teddy Bear. I think I'll buy her a Duffy and dress him up like Mickey Mouse.

I think Lynn would like that.

 


Comments

  1. I saw Lynn there for the first time last week. She seems a little lonely. I tried to share a smile with her, but I'm not sure she noticed me. I'm happy you shared her story here. I'm more likely to approach her now. Maybe I'll take her a bear too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.







    Send Teddy Bear to Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. November 4, 2015 and I am sitting across from her right now. My wife and I are here healing from the death of our 14 year old daughter a year ago after a 2-1/2 battle with cancer. It was good to sit by a fellow grieved and her story of love touches me. If she can continue on after 8 years or so I guess I can make it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way my daughter had Down Syndrome and was the joy of our family. We took a Make a Wish trip here in October of 2014 in the midst of her treatment. I am glad this place brings blessings to your son.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beverage Stations Aboard the Disney Cruise Line Ships

One of the many aspects of sailing with Disney Cruise Line that you do not have to worry about, is your beverages. You don't need to buy a soda or water package or wear a wrist band. Most beverages aboard Disney Cruise Line are complimentary.

Disney Cruise Line has twenty-four hour Beverage Stations near the pools and you can have as much as you wish. The Beverage Stations come equipped with soda/water cups and hot beverage, insulated cups, lids and straws. At these stations you'll find an abundance of soda, coffee, fountain water, ice, hot water. For the hot water, they provide a variety of tea and cocoa mixes.


photo: Magical Kingdoms
photo: WishUponAStarwithUs
j.psarianos
 photo: DisneyCruiseLineBlog
You are allowed to use your own mugs, but they prefer that you use the cups they provide for hygienic reasons, which is number one on Disney Cruise Line's list. 

Soda, coffee, milk, juice, fountain water and tea are also free in all the main dining rooms. If you use Room Service, m…

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and The Pirate's League on the Disney Fantasy

Disney Cruise Line will not leave anything out of your vacation. You'll never miss out on the magic and pixie dusting when sailing on the Disney Fantasy because your little girl can be transformed into a princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and your little boy can become a pirate at The Pirate's League, for which I will outline in the latter half of this post. In fact, everyone can become a pirate over at The Pirate's League. Photo: The Walt Disney Company Photo: Disney Cruise Line  Your own Fairy Godmother in training will greet your child and will create a transformation of magical proportions. You can select one of many treatment options, such as: Disney Diva, Pop Princess or Fairy Tale Princess. All of the Princess costumes are available and come complete with the wand, shoes and crown. There are also a variety of costumes available which are exclusive to Disney Cruise Line such as: Captain Mickey Mouse, Princess MinnieMouse, and FirstMate Minnie Mouse. The boutique…

Booking Disney Cruise Line with an Autistic Child In Mind

Planning, organizing, strategizing on a daily basis for an autistic child puts me in a state of constant thinking. You see, I absolutely hate inconveniencing other people be it the driver behind me  to the person standing in line in front of me at the grocery store. Always on the lookout for a a melt-down, a spontaneous, loud, sometimes inappropriate vocalization where folks don't understand and give you 'the look'. I have developed thick skin, but somedays words cut to the quick and it hurts.

Planning a Disney cruise with an autistic child in tow, means a lot of critical planning, for even the most taken for granted moments. You see, my child is a boy, and if I take him out in public, I have to make sure I can accommodate all of his needs, right down to toileting and how long the line in a store might be. So let me begin.

Booking the cruise can be a daunting process and while some folks like the luxury of a travel agent, I prefer doing everything myself. Firstly, no one can…